New Majority Owner Of The Providence Anchors
Giovanni Feroce has purchased 51% of the Providence Anchors Basketball team and and is now the majority owner of the Providence Anchors Basketball team in the American Basketball Association, while Mr. Abdur Shabazz continues to hold the remaining 49% of the team.
Giovanni Feroce is a retired American military officer, former Rhode Island State Senator, and the former CEO of Alex and Ani. Feroce graduated with a BA in Political Science from the University of Rhode Island in 1991. He also graduated from the University of Pennsylvania’s Advanced Management Program and from The United States John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School’s Civil Affairs Officer Advance Course. In 1992, at age 24, he was elected to serve in the Rhode Island State Senate; at the time, he was the country’s youngest state senator. There he served on the Corporations and Labor Committees, and as Secretary of the Joint Committee for Veteran’s Affairs as well as Commissioner of the Rhode Island State Lottery. He retired from the state legislature to run for Rhode Island’s Lieutenant Governor, winning the 1994 Republican primary at the age of 26. In 2006, he ran for Delaware State Senate, losing to James T. Vaughn.
- March 3, 2014 - ABA ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP WITH STILL SERVING AMERICA
- March 28, 2014 - ABA RETURNS TO PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA